Working as a Security OfficerLevel 2 Award for Working as a Security Officer within the Private Security Industry (RQF)
Level 2 Award for Working as a Security Officer within the Private Security Industry (RQF)
Under the Private Security Act 2001, all individuals wishing to work in the private security industry must hold a recognised qualification before applying for a licence.
Individuals working in the private security industry must undergo a structured training programme, resulting in one of the recognised security qualifications. Applicants who do not hold a qualification endorsed by the Security Industry Authority (SIA) may have their licence application refused.
Highfield’s security qualifications are fully endorsed by the SIA and regulated by Ofqual, Qualifications Wales, CCEA and SQA Accreditation.
A level 2 award for working as a security officer within the private security industry qualification is required if you wish to provide guarding support to secure a building or site.
Things that you will learn include;
- The main characteristics of the private security industry
- Understanding the law when working as a security office
- Safe working practices and emergency procedures
- Recognising, assessing and reducing risk in conflict situations
- Searching people and property
- The importance of patrolling
- Securing access to a building or site
4 day course
09:00 - 17:00
£155 (Inc VAT)**
This qualification can also be delivered with remote invigilation at a cost of £180.00. Please telephone the office for more information on 01723 373242.
* If you are unemployed or on low earnings, funding may be available. Please contact the office for more information.
** This does not include the cost of your license.
Book your training course
Share this page with a friend